How does one start a Blog anyhow... there is no Hello how are you to here... although I read a story on CNN this weekend of a man who's written a daily 'letter' in the form of a blog to the President every day since he took office, so he has a beginning to his posts.
But I digress. I am actually really glad I've decided to do two blogs... even if this is not for the ABC option in the course it gives me somewhere where I can kind of hash my ideas out for my 'pretend' future classroom. This course has definitely given me some good ideas so far (I'm sure there will be more in the future).
So far, I've decided I will definitely set up a 'Public Persona' in FaceBook for my future classes so that they can friend me and see little updates, etc. Maybe put up pics of our fun class activities (I'll have to consult with the principal at my future school regarding the legalities of that). But it's a nice option. Also, I'll have to remember Hootcourse (maybe I can set that up for my internship next semester)... see if the kids want to follow posts and tweets on that regarding Spanish fun facts, etc. A bit of work for me at home, but something fun outside of class. :)
The module 3 readings I did today seemed to have a good option with the more restrictive Blog settings, etc. so that I'm not worried about what the class is doing or where they are posting the information... could be of use. We'll see how much of this can be converted to apply to my future Spanish classroom. I just want the kids to be as excited about the language and the culture as I am. After all, it's part of what makes me who I am and it can be such a fun part of life to learn new cultures. You never know when traveling the world will strike your fancy and you might need to know new things. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment